Church History


History of Our Church

POP beams small

In 1958, the English District(LC-MS) Pastoral Conference selected Menomonee Falls, WI to be one of the locations to begin a new mission church. In 1960, Rev. Norman Brauer, our first pastor, began visiting homes to determine interest. The first church services were held in the old Menomonee Falls Village Hall, located on Good Hope Road across from the current site. In June,1961 the district officially recognized the organization with 50 members.Ground breaking took place in spring of 1963, with the
first worship service held Christmas 1963.Decade 1 Bldg - cropped

In 1989, Rev. Norman Timmermann was called to lead our congregation, during which in 2008, the congregation celebrated its 50th anniversary. After his retirement in August of 2013, Rev.Tom Engler accepted the call to begin his ministry in July, 2014.


 


Wood Tile Mosaic


© 2017 Lutheran Church of the Prince of Peace
Connected Sound - Websites for the Barbershop Community